Bus Accident Lawyer
A Bus Accident Attorney Can Protect Your Rights.
Bus accidents happen for various reasons, and each one is different. These accidents can cause injuries that change your life in an instant. Lawsuits filed by injured victims can help cover costs such as medical treatment and loss of work. Lawsuits filed successfully following a serious bus accident can result in money being paid out.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident involving a bus, you may receive payment for your serious injuries. A bus accident lawyer experienced in filing a bus accident claim can maximize the value of your case. Contact us today at (949) 997-1800, or click here to schedule a free consultation.
Contact A Reliable Bus Accident Lawyer Today!
Why Should You Hire Bus Accident Lawyers?
Personal injury lawsuits are complicated. You don’t want to make any mistakes or miss out on the money you could receive. If you’ve been involved in a bus accident, contact JSM Injury Firm APC today to speak with a bus accident attorney about your case.
Lawsuits must be filed within certain timeframes, or your claim can be dismissed. If you wait too long to hire the right lawyer, your claim could be dismissed. Furthermore, not hiring a lawyer can lead to an unsuccessful outcome in your case that could have been avoided. Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me
An experienced bus accident attorney at JSM Injury Firm APC will sit down with you and discuss your case completely for free, so you can decide how to proceed. Contact us today at (949) 997-1800 for a free initial consultation. All cases are taken on contingency, which means we only get paid if you receive money from your bus accident case.
No Fee Guarantee: You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Win!
Who Can Be Held Responsible Following a Bus Wreck?
In most cases, the defendant in a bus accident case will be a bus company or its drivers. In some situations, however, another party could be responsible for the crash, including:
A road or bridge authority could be responsible if they did not maintain a road properly.
A driver from another vehicle might have been at fault for colliding with the bus.
The owner of an unsafe bus may be held responsible for injuries caused on the bus.
A manufacturer who produced an unsafe part or vehicle that ultimately led to your injury.
We at JSM Injury Firm APC know how tough recovery can be, but a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer at our law firm is standing by to help you through this difficult time. Contact us today at (949) 997-1800 for a free initial consultation. We’ll review your case and let you know if you have a valid claim. Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me
Common Causes Of Bus Accidents.
Bus accidents can happen for many reasons. Some of the most common include:
- Driver error, such as speeding or texting while driving, running red lights and stop signs, and making illegal turns, which amounts to a negligent bus driver
- Driver fatigue
- Mechanical issues with the bus that led to a crash
- Defective parts on the buses, including brakes and steering systems
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Improperly maintained roads and vehicles
- Inadequate safety standards for bus companies
- Car accident with other vehicles
Bus accident lawsuits could lead to the defendant being held liable for the damage they caused. Lawsuits filed by bus accident victims can cover costs such as medical treatment and associated medical bills, and loss of work while you recover. Experienced personal injury attorneys will understand the intricacies of personal injury cases. Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me
How To Prove Liability In Bus Accidents?
Generally, negligence causes bus accidents. Negligence is carelessness, lack of skill, or failure to act the way a reasonable person would have. The first step in obtaining a successful legal outcome in your bus accident case is proving that someone acted negligently.
Bus accident lawyers could prove negligence by showing:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care and failed to live up to it. This breach of duty is known as “negligence”.
- You were injured because of this breach of duty. An injury can be physical or financial, depending on your case.
- You were damaged because of the bus accident. This damage could be medical bills, pain, missed workdays, loss of consortium (if you are married), and more.
Your attorney will gather evidence to support your claim. Evidence might include:
- Your medical records from the time of the accident;
- Photographs of your injuries; and/or
- A police report in bus accident cases where there was an injury or death.
Once enough evidence is amassed, it can be presented to the defendant. Defendants in lawsuits like this often are bus companies and drivers. They will receive a copy of your evidence with a demand for compensation. They will either accept responsibility and pay, or offer a low settlement offer or deny the claim. If they do that, you have to file a lawsuit and proceed to trial.
What Should I Do Following A Bus Accident?
When you have been injured in a bus accident, it’s important to take action as soon as possible. In the immediate aftermath of the collision, here are some steps that you should take:
- Seek medical attention immediately for your injuries – even if they seem minor. This will establish a record of your injuries and ensure that you receive all necessary treatment.
- Call the police if there are injuries, fatalities, or damage to vehicles involved in the accident.
- Note names and contact information of witnesses who saw the bus accident.
- Gather evidence at the scene of the collision, including pictures and any debris from vehicles or other damaged property. Keep this information safe so it cannot be destroyed.
- Do not speak with an insurance company without the assistance of a lawyer.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, it is important to consult with an attorney who specializes in this area of personal injury law. JSM Injury Firm APC is prepared to help bus crash victims recover damages that they might be entitled to under the law.
Type Of Compensation For Bus Accident Victims.
Bus accidents can cause serious injuries, so you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to hire bus accident lawyers to get the maximum compensation possible. The cost of medical bills, past and future pain and suffering, loss of income while you recover from your injuries, and other expenses associated with your case are all included in the damages that could be awarded.
Full compensation for your injuries, which can include:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Disability or permanent injury/impairment
- Medical treatment and medication
- Loss of work/wages
Bus accidents can lead to a long road of medical bills, so compensation awarded could help you pay for not only current treatment but future care as well. The more serious your injuries are, the more money you might receive.
If you’ve been involved in a bus accident, contact JSM Injury Firm APC today to speak with an experienced bus accident lawyer. We’ll assess your claim for free, so you can decide how to proceed. Call us at (949)404-4826 or click here to schedule your free initial consultation. All cases are taken on contingency, which means we only get paid if you receive money from your personal injury case.
Bus Accident Injuries Can Cause Severe Damage.
Bus accidents can cause severe or life-changing injuries. Some of these injuries include
- Traumatic brain injuries: The force of the accident can cause traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can affect sight, hearing, memory, coordination, and more.
- Fractures: Broken bones are common in bus accidents because the vehicles are so large.
- Severe bleeding: The impact of a crash can break open blood vessels.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spine injury can be deadly. If you’re seated, your head may hit the back of the seat in front of you, causing whiplash or another injury.
- Lacerations and bruises: Seat belts prevent most passengers from flying through windows, but they don’t always protect against cuts or bruises.
- Amputations: In some personal injury cases, people can lose limbs.
- Paralysis: If your spine is injured, you can become paralyzed.
- Broken hips: The force of the sudden stop in a bus accident can break your hip bones.
- Facial injuries: If you wear glasses or contact lenses, they might fly off during the collision and leave you with facial lacerations.
- Burns: After an accident, there can be a fire or fuel leakage, which can cause burns to the body.
A bus accident lawyer at JSM Injury Firm APC is committed to helping you recover from your bus accident injury in any way possible. We will handle the negotiation with the insurance companies so you don’t have to. We can get you money for medical expenses related to your accident, including rehabilitation and prescription medications. Moreover, we will also get you money for the pain and suffering you have experienced. In sum, JSM Injury Firm APC wants to ensure you are fully compensated for your injuries, so we work tirelessly on all of our cases. Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me
No Fee Guarantee: You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Win!
Legal Significance Of Public vs. Private Bus Company.
The type of company operating the bus can make an enormous difference in your personal injury claim. Private companies include charter buses, which typically have more amenities, such as entertainment systems and plush seating. Public companies can include intercity buses, school buses, and others. Generally, public transportation companies are subject to federal laws covering how the vehicles are maintained. Private companies may not need to adhere to as strict maintenance guidelines.
Public bus companies also fall under government or public entity claims. In California, a person injured by a public bus company has to claim with the company or agency within six months after the accident. This modifies the usual statute of limitations, which is two years after the accident. Therefore, it is important to act quickly. Failure to do so can jeopardize your claim. In contrast, you have two years from the accident to file a claim with a private bus company.
If you are injured in a bus accident, consult with an experienced personal injury attorney at our law firm as soon as possible.
Consult With A Proven Bus Accident Law Firm.
The first thing you should do if you’ve been involved in a bus accident is get medical attention. You may need stitches or worse, but you won’t know how serious the injuries are until you see a medical professional. After your injuries are taken care of, you can contact an experienced bus accident lawyer at JSM Injury Firm APC. We can gather evidence and create a case for compensation on your behalf. Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me
Whether you were injured in a car accident, or any other motor vehicle accident, we can help. When you choose our law firm to represent you after your bus accident injury, we will begin working on your case immediately. We have years of experience in dealing with insurance companies and know how to work effectively with them.
A bus accident attorney at our injury firm knows what is necessary to win your case, and will get the money owed to you so you can focus on your recovery. We will handle all aspects of your lawsuit, so you don’t have to worry about anything. There is no risk to you, as we only get paid if you do; there are no upfront costs associated with your claim.
Contact us today at (949) 997-1800 or click here to schedule a free consultation.
Excellent Personal Injury & Accident Law Firm in CA.
Our personal injury law firm has assisted hundreds of clients and recovered millions over the years. We offer our experience on a contingency fee basis to ensure that you and your family receive complete compensation for a personal injury case.
We are highly trained and experienced in personal injury cases. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a traumatic brain injury, car accident, product liability, birth injuries, or other catastrophic injuries, please contact our personal injury law firm today for a free case evaluation. A personal injury lawyer will guide you through the legal process and ensure you receive adequate compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering.