Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Can Protect Your Rights.
Spinal cord injury lawyers can protect your rights and claim the compensation you deserve. A spinal cord injury lawyer can help a victim understand what legal rights they have due to their traumatic experience.
The spinal cord is the bundle of nerve fibers that transmit messages from the brain to various parts of the body. When a person has a spinal cord injury, it means their spine has been seriously injured, and the damage may affect how messages are transmitted to and from the brain. The effects of a spinal cord injury vary depending on the severity of the damage. However, these are often catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical care.
Many people suffer spinal cord injuries due to the carelessness of other individuals, and this is where personal injury lawyers can help the injured file a claim with the responsible party.
Contact A Reliable Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today!
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury, call (949) 997-1800 and speak with an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer to protect your legal rights, or click here to schedule a free consultation.
Why You Should Hire Personal Injury Lawyers
There are a number of reasons why individuals should hire personal injury lawyers. First, a personal injury lawyer can help an individual understand their rights and file the appropriate documentation to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve for their injuries. Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me
In addition, it is important to note that hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer can help an injured party avoid the common problem of hiring the wrong law firm. In many cases, a personal injury lawyer is familiar with the best medical professionals who can provide an independent assessment of injuries and treatment options.
In addition to this, insurance companies are typically reluctant to compensate those injured without legal representation, as they know that those injured often lack the resources to file effective claims. Therefore, it is important that an injured party has legal representation to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
Finally, personal injury lawyers often have extensive experience with insurance companies and can negotiate for the highest possible compensation on behalf of their clients. Contact our injury law firm to discover how we can help you.
No Fee Guarantee: You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Win!
Common Causes Of Spinal Cord Injuries.
Consult with a spinal cord injury attorney to understand what legal rights you have, and how you can best protect yourself from short and long-term financial consequences. A spinal cord injury attorney can help preserve evidence and build a case around your injuries. For a spinal cord injury to have occurred, the patient had to have suffered some form of traumatic event. While these types of accidents can happen in numerous ways, the most common include:
Motorcycle & Bicycle Accident
Reckless drivers often cause motorcycle and bicycle accidents. When a person is injured in one of these accidents, it is important for them to get their medical care immediately, and then pursue legal action in accordance with the law. A successful claim could help the victim recover compensation for damages incurred in relation to their accident.
Car and truck accidents can often lead to traumatic injuries, including but not limited to spinal cord injuries. If you have been involved in a car or truck accident that has left you with a spinal injury, it is best to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. A lawyer can help preserve evidence surrounding the accident, gather witness accounts, and much more.
It is important for victims of defective products to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after being hurt. Many times, it is difficult to tell exactly what caused the spinal cord injury accident, but with help from an experienced attorney, clients have been successful in filing claims.
Slip and Fall Accident
Slips, trips, and falls happen every day, but when negligence is involved, they can lead to traumatic injuries, such as spinal cord injuries. If you have been involved in a slip-and-fall accident that has led to a spinal injury, it may be possible to file a lawsuit with the negligent party and seek compensation for your damages.
Medical malpractice can leave a victim with devastating medical conditions. If you have been injured as the result of a doctor's neglect, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible after being hurt. Personal injury lawyers can help you build a compelling case against those responsible for your condition.
Construction accidents can lead to serious injuries. If you have been involved in a construction accident that has led to spinal cord damage, it is important to get immediate medical care, and then speak with an attorney. Workplace accidents are often intricate, but an experienced lawyer can help you file a claim with your employer or the negligent party.
A spinal cord injury can lead to lifetime medical expenses, reduced quality of life, loss of income, loss of the ability to have children, and much more. The financial costs associated with these types of accidents can be high, and a spinal cord injury attorney is trained to help their client recover the compensation they deserve for their suffering. Call (949) 997-1800 to schedule your free consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer who can explain your legal rights in detail. Personal injury law is complex, so it’s important to have help from an experienced professional in pursuing full and fair compensation. Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me
Types Of Spinal Cord Injuries.
There are two main types of spinal cord injuries:
Complete spinal cord injury.
In a complete spinal cord injury, the victim is paralyzed from the neck down. The complete injury refers to an injury in which both sensory and motor functions below the site of the lesion on the spinal cord are absent, and there is no voluntary action possible. Spinal cord injury attorneys are familiar with this type of injury because it is a common type of spinal cord injury.
Incomplete spinal cord injury.
Incomplete spinal cord injuries are less severe than complete ones, but still lead to significant loss of function. For example, the victim may still have some sensations their legs in incomplete injuries.
Spinal cord injury cases are complicated because of how serious these injuries can be. It’s important to have legal help from a spinal cord injury lawyer who understands the complexities of these cases. Reach out to us for a free case evaluation so you can be confident that you’re getting the best legal help possible. Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me
What Treatment Options Are There For Back Injury Cases?
Just as there are many possible causes of a back injury, there are also many options available for treatment. Treatment options depend on the severity of the injury, and may include physical therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture/acupressure treatments, surgery to fuse the injured vertebrae together so they heal properly and do not affect other parts of the body, and other options.
The best treatment option depends on your situation and a professional opinion from a health care provider that specializes in back injuries, such as an orthopedic surgeon. This is why medical evaluation should be sought immediately to ensure you are receiving proper treatment. The longer you wait to do this, the longer it will take to heal, and the greater your chances of developing a chronic back injury. Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me
The Insurance Company Is Not Your Friend.
1. Argue that you are the one at fault.The insurance company will say it was your fault that you fell. If you are 100% at-fault, the insurance company does not have to pay you. Cases with disputed liability are highly-contested and usually lead to a personal injury lawsuit.
2. Argue that you are partly at fault.California follows a pure comparative negligence law, which says the value of your case will be diminished by the percentage of fault attributed to you. For example, if your case is worth $100,000.00, but you are deemed to be 40% at fault, the most you can get is $60,000.00. This is why insurance companies will do everything they can to place as much fault on you as possible.
3. Argue the extent of your injuries.Insurance companies try to minimize how serious your injuries are. They will hire-gun “medical experts” that get paid to say you’re not as injured as you claim to be. This is difficult to overcome without the help of a professional spinal cord injury lawyer.
4. Argue the reasonableness of your treatment or medical bills.Insurers will dispute whether the treatment you received for your injuries was appropriate, or even whether the injury was related to a spinal cord accident. Alternatively, they will argue that your medical expenses are inflated or that the treatment options recommended to you by medical doctors were not necessary.
5. Delay tactics.The most widely used tactic by insurance companies is to delay the claim. They understand that spinal cord injury victims need money. They know that the victim likely has piling medical costs, is out of work, and is going through serious pain and suffering. They plan to drag the claim out for months, or even a year or more, in hopes that you will give up and accept less money out of necessity.
Steps To Take After A Back Injury Accident.
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, it is important to take steps to preserve your ability to make a strong case for compensation. Therefore, spinal cord injury victims involved in a back injury accident should do the following:
If you have any questions or want to learn more about what steps to take after a spinal cord injury, contact our law firm. We understand how these claims work and how to get you compensation for the medical bills associated with your medical care. Moreover, we can file a pain and suffering claim to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We are here to help today by calling (949) 997-1800.
No Fee Guarantee: You Pay Us Nothing Unless We Win!
Compensation Available For Spinal Cord Injury Cictims.
Special damages are one of the two main types of compensation available in a spinal cord injury case. These damages relate to economic losses caused by a spinal cord injury. This includes:
- Past medical bills: The cost of all the medical treatment received before your spinal cord injury settlement is calculated.
- Future medical bills: The cost of anticipated future medical care and treatment related to a spinal injury.
- Loss of past income: The amount of money you would have earned had the spinal cord injury not occurred. This may be offset by any income you receive from a government program, such as Social Security Disability.
- Loss of future earning capacity: The extent to which the spinal cord injury has diminished your ability to work.
- Personal care costs: The cost of any care you need to continue living independently.
- Property damage: Accidents involving spinal cord injuries can cause significant property damage, such as the destruction of a vehicle or your home.
- Cost of living with a disability: Spinal cord injuries can cause many significant disabilities, such as impaired sensation, paralysis, or pain. Living with these disabilities can cause cost needs.
- Funeral and burial costs associated with the death of a loved one in wrongful death claims: The death of a loved one can cause financial hardships that are compensable under spinal cord injury claims.
The other main type of compensation is called general damages, which provide non-economic compensation to spinal cord injury victims for past and future:
- Physical pain: This may include physical pain you experience now, or that might develop in the future due to your spinal injury.
- Mental suffering: This may include anxiety and depression, which often accompanies a spinal cord injury.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Serious spinal cord injury can be life-changing and substantially hamper your ability to participate in normal social and recreational activities.
- Disfigurement: If you require surgery after a spinal cord injury, the scars are considered permanent and can result in disfigurement.
- Loss of consortium: Spinal cord injury can damage your ability to perform sexual acts.
- Physical impairment: Spinal cord injuries can result in permanent or temporary loss of physical function.
- Inconvenience: You may need to adjust your daily activities and living arrangements, which can greatly inconvenience you and/or your family.
- Humiliation: Spinal cord injuries forever diminish your ability to maintain privacy in many areas of your life.
- Loss of companionship: Associated with the death of a loved one in wrongful death spinal cord injury cases.
Consult With A Proven Spinal Cord Injury Law Firm.
Experienced spinal cord injury attorneys handle cases that involve severe injuries. Spinal cord injuries are one of the most common injuries associated with car accidents, slips and falls, or workplace accidents. The expenses associated with a spinal cord injury can quickly accumulate. We understand that your primary concern after a spinal cord injury is medical treatment and your primary objective is to get fully recovered as quickly as possible. We can handle all legal issues surrounding your spinal cord injury accident.
Our law firm does not charge you for an initial consultation, no how lengthy it takes. Even more, we also work on a contingency basis – meaning there are no upfront costs involved with hiring us. If we recover spinal cord injury compensation for you, we charge a percentage of the final settlement. There are no hidden fees and no surprises. Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me
You need a spinal cord injury law firm that will fight for the compensation you deserve. You need JSM Injury Firm APC. So call us by phone at (949) 997-1800 for a free case evaluation, or click here to speak with a spinal cord injury attorney today.
Excellent Personal Injury & Accident Law Firm in CA.
Our personal injury law firm has assisted hundreds of clients and recovered millions over the years. We offer our experience on a contingency fee basis to ensure that you and your family receive complete compensation for a personal injury case.
We are highly trained and experienced in litigating personal injury cases. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a traumatic brain injury, car accident, product liability, birth injuries, or other catastrophic injuries, please contact our personal injury law firm today for a free case evaluation. A personal injury lawyer will guide you through the legal process and ensure you receive adequate compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering.